Sunday 18 September 2016

HS034 - a therapy dog

St Michael’s Hospice – Therapy Dog

As a Pet Therapy Dog at St Michael’s Hospice, I started my day off with a walk (okay, a skip) around the beautiful garden. Sometimes, if I’m super lucky I see the albino squirrel and Tess, a Border Collie who comes with her owner to volunteer with the gardening. She’s not quite as excitable as me but she’ll always say hello.

My absolute favourite thing to do is spend time with the humans in Day Services, which is where I’m heading to now (after a bit of a fuss in reception). I just love lots of attention; I get so excited that I don’t know where to run to sometimes! I spend quite a lot of time here, I always do my best to cheer someone up if they’re having a sad day and I can’t resist a cuddle. They always laugh when my tail gets over-excited, but I just can’t help it, I love being here!

Once I finish in Day Services, I’ll be heading back to reception and the coffee shop where I hope to bump in to the lovely ladies from the Finance team – they know my tickly spot behind my ears.

Mum says we’re taking a donation to the Hospice shop in Battle this afternoon, which means I get to have even more fuss. I’m hoping they’ll have a nice lead or toy that I can take home with me, I’m sure I’ll be able to find something I really like! I’ll just have to give Mum my best puppy dog eyes until she buys it for me (I’m really good at that).

If we have time I’ll take a special visit up to Hastings Court, where the in-patients from the Hospice are staying at the moment. It’s great up there, I really hope we get to go! The rooms are super comfy and the windows mean I get to do a sneaky bit of sunbathing between cuddles.

I better go, Day Services is in full swing and I can see a treat with my name on it!




No comments:

Post a Comment