Sunday 18 September 2016

HS021 - it's confidential





Hastings Diary Day 12 May 2016 TEMPLATE

I worked all day today so I can’t write about 8 hours of my day. I work in a job which is covered by confidentiality. Today I went from being extremely anxious about something to a complete high when something I had really worried about was sort of resolved. Shared it all with my work colleagues who have seen me cry, rant and do laps of honour around the office. Get home and my kids ask me how much cake I’ve eaten today as that’s what they know I do at work. 

My work mates save my sanity, we have a shared experiences that we can’t share with our friends and family even if we wanted to. There is something about not being able to share a part of your life with others. Maybe that’s why certain professions end up having relationships within the same jobs so they can share their experiences? Looking round my work place it’s clear that if this is the case I’m going to be single for the rest of my life. Not sure my feminist ideals could justify me changing my career to allow me to get a partner. 

I would like to share what happened today, I would like people to understand what is was like for me today. Or maybe I wouldn’t like it as people might not understand, or work would become uncontained and it would seep into my personal life. So maybe it’s best my work experiences are just shared with my work colleagues who understand what we are all going through and that sometimes there is nothing else to do but rant, spin round on your chair and eat cake. 









No comments:

Post a Comment