Monday 10 October 2016

HS079




Hastings Diary Day 12 May 2016 
12th May 2016
Got up at the normal time, but not my wife.  Can’t remember the last time she was up so early.  She got out of bed when I got out of the shower at 6.45.  I sorted out breakfast and listened to my daughter’s friend’s mum give an interview on the radio.  Very unusual. 
 At 8 I took my daughter to school.  She opened the front door over her foot and though on the way out and skinned her toe.  Big drama! Even had to write her a note to get her out of PE.
Got to work about 8.20ish which is actually really late for me.  Also felt a little nervous because it was the final day of the Year 6 SAT tests.  Maths Paper 2 began at 9.30.  I had a group of children for the test.  
Reading the DFE script at the beginning I had a bit of a panic, it did not list a rubber as necessary equipment for the test.  I nearly collected the rubbers in after thinking about a few years previously when a friend of mine was running the tests with me in the room along with moderators to ensure it was administered correctly. The only feedback that was given to him, (rather strongly I might add) by the moderators was that rubbers were not allowed for the test.  Anyway, I made the decision to keep with it and read on.  It then mentioned rubbing pictures out later in the script.  Vindicated.  One of the kids mentioned that the person writing the test must have been having a bad day. I actually think it was just me.  
The test was completed after much reading of questions to the group and I almost felt a bit flat knowing there was nothing else I could do to help.  Just waiting and praying now that the children have done well.  Good luck to them all.  
At lunch I went over to the canteen and ate with the kids.  Had a great discussion with a few of them about whether TVs should be allowed in bedrooms.  Me not having one in my bedroom makes me weird apparently.  I also learnt to spin plastic plates in the playground.  More tricky than it sounds.  
Had a very busy afternoon where I dealt with a few incidents and after school met some parents for various reasons.  
Finally, I rushed home a little earlier than usual to pick up my daughter from a friend’s house, order pizza, and tell my wife she’s great.  Not a bad day all in all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment