Wednesday 3 February 2016

Tuesday February 2nd...I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts....


 Medium migraine  - e.g, not bad enough to give up and lie in bed – so at my desk. I don’t think working on a laptop is the best remedy, but trying to get things sorted for the launch next week. When we were looking through the Mass Obs Archives diaries a few weeks ago, I came across a woman who started her diary with: ‘woke up and checked my head...anyone who suffers with migraines will understand...’

Oddly, when I woke this morning I remembered today is Lorraine Wicks birthday. I went to junior school with Lorraine Wicks and have not seen her for over 35 years, so I don’t know why her birthday is so firmly lodged in my memory. We used to play with our Sindy dolls together. She lived in a crumbling Victorian house with high ceilings and drafty rooms which smelt of dogs. I can never remember her parents being there, only her brother who kept grass snakes in an aquarium.
Another odd thing this morning - I took Mabel down to the beach for a walk, and found a coconut washed up on the beach (the real unshaved sort), so brought it home.


No comments:

Post a Comment